A breakdown of apparel product image requirements for brands including do's and don'ts
Product images must be professional quality photographs. The more visual information available to the customer, the more likely a purchase will be made and returns avoided. Having more photos of products will improve conversion rates.
Requirements For Product Listings
- Compulsory: At least one cut out/pack shot front-facing product shot on a completely white background (this should be the first image).
- Highly recommended: Alternative angles, model shots, lifestyle.
Please note: If no lifestyle shot is provided, then we may no longer be able to include the product on certain sections of the site or on emails to customers.
- Format: JPEG
- File Size: less than 1 MB
- Resolution: 72 dpi
- Image Size: 1500px x 1500px
- The image must be centred, square and feature the product on a pure white background. To help, an image cropping tool is provided when uploading
- Images must not have any logos or text
Primary Product Image Example
This is the first image the customer will see of your product. This should be a clear, front-facing flat shot on a white background.
Below are some common examples of what not to do on your brand product shots.
Secondary and subsequent product images examples:
This is the second image that the customer will see of your product. This should differ to the first image and offer more angles, details, close-ups, lifestyle shots.
- The image must differ from the first image.
- Include details, different angles and close-ups.
- Don't include logos, awards, or reasons to buy.